I have blogged about some of my past astronomy interests in the post “Why Clear Sky Tonight”.
My future astronomy interests are:
- Planets – The planets have always fascinated me. Sure you can see the moon with the naked eye, but the planets are so big but just so far away. I have seen the close up pictures from the different large telescopes, Hubble and the main NASA space crafts. But, I want to see them for myself with my eye. I remember the first time I saw the fuzzy images in my ETX of the four moons of Jupiter and mentioned to my children that was what Galileo saw over 400 years ago too. I remember the first time I saw Mars and it was red. I remember the first fuzzy images of Saturn’s rings on my ETX. I want to see the planets closer, sharper and be able to photograph them.
- Moon – Sure, we can all see the moon. But I am interested in exploring some of its detail. Plus, it is a good goal on those “so-so” nights.
- Galaxies – I want see a galaxy in a telescope and realize how small we really are in the universe!
- Astrophotography – I want to document all my observing
- Computer-Controlled – I want to figure how to automate all of this and sit back and enjoy the images.