The sky cleared again so setup the LX70 refractor to look at Jupiter. This time was just going to be astrophotography. I got the adapter for the LX70 and Canon setup. Once I connected it to the Canon, I realized why there was only one cover since the cover would protect the camera sensor.
Since I didn’t have the finderscope on, it took a little trail-and-error to find Jupiter. The focus was way off but got dialed in. The Canon Live View worked good especially using the digital zoom. I didn’t realize the exposure settings impacted the Live View. I had to really decrease the shutter speed to get the color of Jupiter to appear. The digital zoom helped with focusing. But without tracking, Jupiter continued to move and thus had to move the telescope and never really got a good focus since Jupiter was moving so much.
However, the results were very disappointing. I took a few pictures and on the Canon screen, Jupiter was very small. I guess I really don’t understand the focal length configuration of the different telescope when connected to the Canon DSLR. I guess I have only really tried taking photos of the moon through the ETX90. Needs more testing.
I think the next step is to test some daytime images to learn the relative photo sizes and then learn more about focal length. Since I will be testing during the daytime, I might as well try the ZWO camera and then compare the image results between the two cameras and all the telescopes.
So, went in but also dropped the mount retracting the legs.
I created a wiki entry of the Jupiter image.