Pressure tuning Lunt Telescope

With the focusing figured out, I next tried on a perfectly clear day.  This time the pressure tuning worked fine.  It was a little hard to see much but I think might have been due to nothing on the surface of the sun.  But as I continued to try, I finally noticed something on the edges.  I don’t know my solar terms yet but something was extending from the surface of the sun on the edge.  It was very interesting. 

For the next try the next day, I switched from the zoon eyepiece that goes from 24mm to 8 mm to a 5mm eyepiece.  The results where better in general but also nothing really to see. 

Oh well, the Lunt was really purchased for the solar eclipse so figured out the general configuration.  I also used it for the first time on the Meade LX70 mount and the difference in stability was very apparent compared to the camera tripod.

Tagged:

Discussion

No comments yet, be the first.

Add a Comment

*